The information collection practices of Boys & Girls Club of Flagstaff are outlined below. While we encourage children to visit our site to learn more about our programs, we recommend that parents closely supervise their child’s use of this site and all other sites. We encourage our members and prospective members to receive their parent’s permission before entering any personal information on this site or any other site.
INFORMATION THAT BOYS & GIRLS CLUB OF FLAGSTAFF COLLECTS
The Boys & Girls Club of Flagstaff may collect personal information when you register with this site. Other times Boys & Girls Club of Flagstaff may ask for your personal information including when you ask a question or report a problem with this site. If Boys & Girls Club of Flagstaff is contacted, Boys & Girls Club of Flagstaff may keep a record of that correspondence, including the email address used in that correspondence. Surveys may also be conducted for research purposes by Boys & Girls Club of Flagstaff. Information from research surveys will be collected by Boys & Girls Club of Flagstaff. This includes any personal information.
We may ask for identifying or personal information for the following reasons:
- To invite you to receive email updates about our progress. You may “opt out” of receiving these emails at any time
- To process online donations made to Boys & Girls Club of Flagstaff. If the donation is made on behalf of someone else, Boys & Girls Club of Flagstaff will not use their information for any purpose.
- To accept online registration at this site. Information given for this purpose will only be given to Boys & Girls Club of Flagstaff and the parties we have enabled to operate this site. Information given for online registration purposes are only meant to enable the user to fully utilize the services this site provides.
While this list is not exhaustive, it is meant to give the user an idea of the type of data this site collects and how it is used.
Boys & Girls Club of Flagstaff may also collect information that measures how the site has been utilized. These measures include the following: IP addresses, domain names, number of pages visited, average time spent on this site, and other such items.
HOW THE BOYS & GIRLS CLUB OF FLAGSTAFF USES COLLECTED INFORMATION
The privacy and confidentiality of the user is important to the Boys & Girls Club of Flagstaff. The personal information submitted to this site will not be shared with companies that are not affiliated with the Boys & Girls Club of Flagstaff for the purpose of marketing or promoting events, products or similar items, unless such events, products, or similar items are related to the Boys & Girls Club of Flagstaff.
INTEGRITY AND SECURITY
Personal information from the Boys & Girls Club of Flagstaff’s donor list will remain confidential. Boys & Girls Club of Flagstaff will not sell, trade, rent or exchange its donor list and donors’ personal information with any other organization. The personal information of donors will stay within the Boys & Girls Club organization, and as such may be shared with Boys & Girls Club of America to ensure collaborative efforts. If an individual requests that their information not be shared with Boys & Girls Club of America, Boys & Girls Club of Flagstaff will comply. Additionally, if an individual requests that their information be shared with another Club, Boys & Girls Club of Flagstaff will comply.
PRIVACY PRACTICES OF OTHER SITES/ORGANIZATIONS
Boys & Girls Club of Flagstaff is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of our donors. The type of information we collect and maintain includes the following: contact information, giving information, information on events attended, information on publications received, special requests for program information, information in the form of comments and suggestions.
Your information will be used by Boys & Girls Club of Flagstaff to understand your interests and update you on our plans. Donor information is shared with staff, board members, and consultants on a “need to know” basis. If you wish to stop communications with Boys & Girls Club of Flagstaff, you may contact us, and your request will be honored.
The private information of our donors will be kept within Boys & Girls Club of Flagstaff. Boys & Girls Club of Flagstaff does not sell, share, or rent our donors’ information. Boys & Girls Club of Flagstaff also does not send mailings on behalf of other organizations.
BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB OF FLAGSTAFF SUPPORTS THE DONOR BILL OF RIGHTS
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the nonprofit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
The Donor Bill of Rights was created by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), and the Giving Institute: Leading Consultants to Non-Profits. It has been endorsed by numerous organizations.
Contacting Boys & Girls Club of Flagstaff About Your Personal Information
You may contact the Boys & Girls Club of Flagstaff to review the personal information that has been collected about you. If you have questions about your information’s accuracy and completeness, further questions regarding Boys & Girls Club of Flagstaff’s privacy practices, or wish to request Boys & Girls Club of Flagstaff delete your personal information, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (928) 266-0489.